1. What gave you the idea for your blog?
My old newspaper job involved maintaining a calendar of events and once I became a mom, I started gravitating toward things I perceived as “kid-friendly.” Not “Clifford The Big Red Dog Live” kind of mind-numbing stuff, but I was at concerts and festivals and suddenly realizing there were lots of places that are actually quite fun to bring kids to. I wanted to share those thoughts with others.
2. What do you like about living in Omaha?
I love that Omaha has a lot going on – we’re a creative, music- and art-loving community. Going in hand with that, I like that our city’s low cost of living means we can afford to attend a lot of it.
3. How do you balance writing and family?
At first, I actually tried to write between dinner and bedtime for the kids, but I was missing out on life (and I think my husband was struggling with the demands of tired toddlers). Now, I squeeze it in during downtime at work or over lunch. I also work ahead on blog posts in anticipation of busier days or weeks.
4. What is your best money saving tip? Find an expert couponer/bargain hunter out there and follow her lead. I have no time to clip coupons and sort them and plan a strategy, so I rely on bloggers who comb through the deals each week. Before I go to a store, I check their sites to see if there are any deals I should know about. Two I like are Hip 2 Save and My Frugal Adventures. With Christmas shopping on the horizon, following a deal site will help you save a ton of cash on gifts.
5. If you could live in any time period, when would it be? I always thought the Roaring ‘20s would be fun.
Whether or not you’re from Omaha, Nebraska, check out Oh My Omaha for lots of family friendly events, places, and money saving tips.
Do you want to be chosen for Fan Friday? Check out how!