Why does my discharge smell when pregnant?
Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)
Bacterial vaginosis, an infection caused by an imbalance in the bacteria normally found in the vagina. It’s sometimes asymptomatic, but it can produce a fishy-smelling discharge while pregnant. The discharge is most noticeable after sex, and itching or burning may accompany it.
Does early pregnancy cause smelly discharge?
Early pregnancy discharge
Increased hormones and vaginal blood flow cause the discharge. It increases during pregnancy to prevent infections as your cervix and vaginal walls soften. Visit your doctor if the discharge starts to: smell.
What are some unusual signs of early pregnancy?
Some weird early signs of pregnancy include:
- Nosebleeds. Nosebleeds are quite common in pregnancy due to the hormonal changes that happen in the body. …
- Mood swings. …
- Headaches. …
- Dizziness. …
- Acne. …
- Stronger sense of smell. …
- Strange taste in the mouth. …
How can you tell your pregnant by your discharge?
A number of signs and symptoms indicate early pregnancy, including:
- Spotting and cramping. A few days after conception, the fertilized egg attaches to the wall of your uterus, a process that can cause spotting and cramping. …
- White, milky vaginal discharge. …
- Breast changes. …
- Fatigue. …
- Nausea. …
- Missed period.
How can I tell if Im pregnant after 1 week?
Pregnancy symptoms in week 1
- nausea with or without vomiting.
- breast changes including tenderness, swelling, or tingling feeling, or noticeable blue veins.
- frequent urination.
- raised basal body temperature.
- bloating in the belly or gas.
- mild pelvic cramping or discomfort without bleeding.
- tiredness or fatigue.
Do you fart more when pregnant?
1. Excess Gas. Virtually every pregnant woman gets gassy. That’s because pregnancy brings a hormonal surge that can slow down your gastrointestinal tract.
Why do I smell like my girlfriend down there?
Every female has a natural vaginal scent that can change throughout her menstrual cycle. A strong odor however, can be a sign of an infection, particularly if she is sexually active. Certain sexually transmitted infections (STI’s) such as trichomoniasis can cause a different odor.
Will my discharge change if pregnant?
Early in a pregnancy, a person might experience a slight increase in vaginal discharge. Pregnancy causes higher levels of estrogen, leading the body to produce more discharge and increase the blood flow to the uterus and vagina.
What does pregnancy urine smell like?
Ammonia is found naturally in the urine but does not usually give off a strong smell. However, a pregnant woman may become more aware of a faint smell of ammonia that she did not previously notice.