Is 37.7 a fever in a child?
A fever is a body temperature that is higher than normal. A normal body temperature in children aged 1 and younger is 37.5°C – 37.7°C. A normal body temperature in children aged 2 – 5 years is 37.0°C – 37.2°C. Fevers are very common in young children and are usually caused by a viral infection.
What is considered a fever kid?
Your child has a fever if he or she: Has a rectal, ear or temporal artery temperature of 100.4 F (38 C) or higher. Has an oral temperature of 100 F (37.8 C) or higher. Has an armpit temperature of 99 F (37.2 C) or higher.
Is 99.7 considered a fever in a child?
Fever. In most adults, an oral or axillary temperature above 37.6°C (99.7°F) or a rectal or ear temperature above 38.1°C (100.6°F) is considered a fever. A child has a fever when his or her rectal temperature is higher than 38°C (100.4°F) or armpit (axillary) temperature is higher than 37.5°C (99.5°F).
What is the best medicine to give a child for fever?
Give your child acetaminophen (Tylenol, others). If your child is age 6 months or older, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) is OK, too. Read the label carefully for proper dosage. Don’t give aspirin to an infant or toddler.
What is a dangerously high temperature for a child?
Fevers above 104° F (40° C) are dangerous. They can cause brain damage.
How do I bring my child’s fever down?
Other ways to reduce a fever:
- Dress your child lightly. Excess clothing will trap body heat and cause the temperature to rise.
- Encourage your child to drink plenty of fluids, such as water, juices, or popsicles.
- Give your child a lukewarm bath. Do not allow your child to shiver from cold water. …
- Don’t use alcohol baths.
What temp should you bring baby to hospital?
Fever. If your baby is younger than 3 months old, contact the doctor for any fever. If your baby is 3 to 6 months old and has a temperature up to 102 F (38.9 C) and seems sick or has a temperature higher than 102 F (38.9 C), contact the doctor.
What is the fastest home remedy for fever?
- Sit in a bath of lukewarm water, which will feel cool when you have a fever. …
- Give yourself a sponge bath with lukewarm water.
- Wear light pajamas or clothing.
- Try to avoid using too many extra blankets when you have chills.
- Drink plenty of cool or room-temperature water.
- Eat popsicles.
How can you tell a fever from teething?
False Symptoms of Teething
- Teething does not cause fever, diarrhea, diaper rash or runny nose.
- It does not cause a lot of crying.
- It does not cause your baby to be more prone to getting sick.
- Caution about Fevers. …
- There are 2 reasons why infections start between 6 and 12 months of age. …
- Caution about Crying.