What finger foods can I give my 6 month old?
Fruits & Vegetables
- Raw sticks of cucumber.
- Small, soft pieces of fruit, e.g. pear, apple, banana, peach, nectarine, mango, melon.
- Soft cooked sticks of vegetables, e.g. carrot, parsnip, green beans, turnip.
- Soft cooked baby sweet-corn, mange-tout or sugar-snap peas.
- Soft cooked florets of caulifl ower and broccoli.
What should a 6 month old baby eat in a day?
6-9 Months Old
Aim to feed Baby no more than 32 ounces of formula daily. When breastfeeding, they should eat anywhere from 4 to 8 ounces at each feeding. Since Baby is still getting most of their calories from liquid, don’t stress about getting them to eat bite after bite of solid food.
What can I give my 6 month old for breakfast?
- Option 1: Whole Ancient Grain Baby Cereal.
- Option 2: Mashed avocado.
- Option 3: Avocado and Pea Puree.
- Option 4: Apple and acorn squash mash (pureed apples and squash mixed)
- Option 5: Pureed peaches or soft cooked pears.
Can you give a 6 month old scrambled eggs?
You can give your baby the entire egg (yolk and white), if your pediatrician recommends it. Around 6 months, puree or mash one hard-boiled or scrambled egg and serve it to your baby. … Around 8 months, scrambled egg pieces are a fantastic finger food.
What drinks can a 6 month old have?
6. Good drinks for babies and kids
- Breastmilk is best for baby and is the only food or drink that baby needs until around 6 months.
- If baby is formula fed, baby can be offered cooled, boiled water as well as formula.
- From around 6 months all babies can have cooled, boiled waterin a bottle or cup.
How much water can 6 month old drink?
By the time they’re 1 month old, their stomach capacity is about 2.7 to 5 ounces (80 to 150 mL). By 6 months — when you can introduce little sips of water — they can generally hold about 7 ounces (207 mL) at a time. Even between 6 months and 1 year of age, the amount of water you give your baby should be very limited.