What finger food can you give a 6 month old?
From around 6 months
You can start weaning with single vegetables and fruits – try blended, mashed, or soft cooked sticks of parsnip, broccoli, potato, yam, sweet potato, carrot, apple or pear. You could also try baby rice mixed with your baby’s usual milk.
Can a 6 month old have yogurt?
It’s good for babies 6 months and older to eat yogurt because it’s nutritional and beneficial. Yogurt also may make tummies — big and small — happy. There are three main benefits to yogurt. … The third reason is that yogurt has less lactose than whole milk.
How long should I boil an egg for baby?
Place egg into a small saucepan and just cover with enough cold water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 8-10 mins. Drain immediately and cool under cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel egg and mash with a fork.
What foods can a 6 month old not eat?
What shouldn’t I feed my baby?
- Raw honey. This can cause botulism in an infant. …
- Cow’s milk. Babies shouldn’t be drinking cow’s milk at 6 months. …
- Choking hazards. You can give your baby pureed or soft, cooked carrots, but not a big, round, chunk of carrot that they might choke on. …
- Certain types of fish in excess.
What can I give my 6 month old for breakfast?
- Option 1: Whole Ancient Grain Baby Cereal.
- Option 2: Mashed avocado.
- Option 3: Avocado and Pea Puree.
- Option 4: Apple and acorn squash mash (pureed apples and squash mixed)
- Option 5: Pureed peaches or soft cooked pears.